SHARE THE LOVE ON VALENTINES DAY
Are you looking for a new way to share the love on Valentine’s Day? Here are some ideas:
- Sign up to volunteer at a local soup kitchen or senior citizens residence as a family
- Brainstorm with your kids about ways to make sure that their celebration of Valentine’s Day is inclusive. It’s an opportunity to talk about feelings – about love and friendship and about feeling left out and lonely. Did you know that Random Acts of Kindness Week is February 11th to 17th? Check out the website here for inspiration.
- Make a family “kindness calendar” with goals for each day of the week; you could include:
- Doing something nice for someone you know as well as for someone you don’t know
- Sending a card to someone in the military
- Getting in touch with an old friend who has fallen off the radar
- Finding a way to say “I love you” to a family member that includes a shout out about what makes them special to you
- Setting time aside for a family activity where everyone puts away their devices and does something together.
- Lastly, make a resolution that these goals aren’t just for a single week of the year, but something for the other 51 weeks of the year as well.
**Check out our latest podcast series on Positive Parenting for Early Childhood!
Click here to listen on Youtube**
Supporting Parents of Essex County, NJ is a website sponsored by the COPE Center, that offers Essex County, NJ families a comprehensive source of information about events, programs, and resources. Focusing on local resources, we are families’ first stop to find up-to-date parenting advice, the go-to website to find parenting works and programs that parents need to navigate the challenges of twenty-first century parents in a world where we are bombarded with information. You can have confidence that the Supporting Parents of Essex County, NJ website will lead you to information that helps you make the most of family life.